Never Too Late Promotions
It’s closer to December now but these never too late promotions are worth a try. When possible, see if you are linked through social media or via co-workers to anyone in these professions. If so, try to make a connection with them to help you place a few of your books for the holiday.
Here you’ll find a list of tactics to get you moving. It’s possible that you’ll come up with a few more on your own. Either way, get busy and remember, it’s never too late to launch a promotion!
Do This Now:
- Offer your cookbook to kitchen specialty shops, specialty food stores and upscale grocery stores
- Fitness centers, pharmacies, beauty salons and personal trainers could be a perfect match for health, diet and exercise books
- Hospital gift shops do well with inspirational books, gift books, poetry, books of quotes, non-fiction, self-help, and children’s lit
- Most garden stores have gift shops as well as botanical gardens
- Specialty museums that might show an interest in your gardening books
- Have you penned a memorable travel book? Make it available at tourist attractions, RV parks, gift shops in hotels, your local chamber of commerce and other local venues – and don’t forget the your local travel clubs and Visitor’s Centers
- Gift shops in children’s venues such as science museums and hospitals may want a fresh line of children’s books
- Seek out toy stores, doll shops, children’s specialty shops and science museums to place your children’s books
- A huge market exists for chick lit which could move easily when stocked in women’s boutiques or hair and nail salons
- Home décor stores, especially specialty stores with door knobs, curtains or wall craft might enjoy providing a copy of your home décor books to customers
- Fore! That’s the direction of your golf book when placed in pro shops and sporting goods stores along with soccer and other sports-related topics
Boost Your Holiday Book Sales is a quick and easy read, yet filled with easy-to-implement instructions. Get your copy today at Amazon.com.
Graphic via CC0 Public Domain